Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tubes are a go!

Well, we went to Dr. Skiles yesterday afternoon and the tubes are a go! He thinks it would be best to go ahead and get them since he's becoming immune to almost every antibiotic there is. That's the last thing we want because if something really bad happens and he needs antibiotic, he's going to be immune and it won't do any good. I feel really good about this, nervous but good. I am nervous about seeing him put into anesthesia. I have full confidence in this doctor because he's worked on my 2 nieces and nephew and they are great but I guess it's just a parent thing about being nervous. We have to be in Frisco at 6:00 a.m. so that means we are going to have to leave about 4:30 or 4:45! Whew, that's early. I am just debating if maybe we should stay in Frisco or somewhere close so he can sleep as long as he can. I'm afraid that if we wake him that early, he may not want to go back to sleep and then he's going to want his sippy cup and "bites" and we can't give him any. That's going to break my heart because he doesn't understand! Maybe I can find somewhere cheap but nice to stay in for Thursday night.
Anyway, when we went to the doctor yesterday, Kylan was showing off for everyone. We were walking down the hall and he would see a stranger, he would say "Ello!" He tried to make friends with another girl, who was about 5 or 6, in the waiting room but she didn't want to share her (or the Dr's office) Lego's but he kept trying to play with her. I felt so bad! So the nurse went ahead and called us back to do the hearing test again and he LOVED her. She sat us in this vault like room with speakers on 2 opposite corners. A stuffed puppy was on one speaker and a kitty on the other. She would talk to him from the other room (we could see her through the glass window) and make puppy and kitty noises. At first, he looked in the direction of the noise then he realized she was making the noise!! LOL She said boys tend to figure that it's her out fast. Next, we went to see Dr. Skiles and he just loves Dr. Skiles. He's so good for him. He lets him look in his ears and listen to his chest without making a fuss. Dr. Skiles was explaining the process to me and Scott put Kylan in the patient chair. Kylan kept leaning forward in the chair because Dr. Skiles back was to him. He kept leaning forward to get his attention and once he had it, he had the biggest smile on his face. The doctor would turn away again and Kylan did the same thing until he got his attention. It was sooooooo cute and I wish I had a camera to get a picture of it. He kept stepping between the cabinets and the wall playing "Where's Kylan". Funny things is he would leave his leg hanging out so we could see him the whole time. He would hide, then step out and say "boo!" He definitely made friends with him!!
I will post some pictures soon of him. I have to load them on the computer from the camera.
Talk to y'all later!
Alyssa

No comments: