Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Luck O' The Irish

You know, I was thinking at how much Kylan is growing up! Makes me sad! :-( Not ready for it at all. The other night after Scott gave him a bath, he took him in his room to lotion him up and get him ready for bed when Kylan says "PooPoo!" Scott starts scrambling to put a diaper on him and I tell him to go put him on the potty and see what he does. Well, he runs to put him on the potty and of course I run in there to see and what do I see, in my mind I see my baby who just a year ago was still drinking out of bottles, sitting on the potty. Made me sooooo sad! :-( I was so proud but so sad. He was sitting on their pushing. I could tell he was really trying and then all of the sudden, I hear a toot! He never actually went but it's like he knew he was supposed to do. So we are going to try and put him on the potty every now and then to show him that's what he's supposed to do. I know it's still a little early for him but it's like that's what he wanted to do.

Anyway, I was going thru some pictures, feeling soooo sad because my baby boy is growing up too fast, telling me "NO" to everything, so I feel like I should share some pics. He looks soooo much like his daddy:
This is Scott when he was little

and now here's Daddy's little spitting image of him:
(I love how excited Scott looks and how amazed Kylan is of him)


(Have to say the one below is my all time favorite)

If you notice, he puckers out his bottom lip like his Daddy!

Wish he would sleep like this now!
He used to get so excited with his mobile:



So peaceful!

He was waiting to see Santa at Northpark 07':

Look at the blue eyes!


I could go on all day with this so I better stop.
Last weekend was good and not so good. Not so good by me being sick with Kylan's cold. I was miserable. Couldn't breathe through my nose and I was just sooooo tired. Much better now though! :-) It was good because Saturday, I finally got me a small camera that I can fit in my purse so I don't have to remember to take the big camera around everywhere. Also got the small camera to take on vacation in June! Sunday, we went to Granny's for spaghetti and meatballs since Scott's cousin, Annie, was down from college so we lounged around Sunday. It was a pretty uneventful weekend like always. Although, my weekends are fixing to get busier since we are a little less than a month away from tax deadline.
This week started off kinda rough, it was a MADHOUSE around the office yesterday. Everyone was biting each other's heads off, the phone kept ringing off the wall, and people kept coming in. I know I know, that's what happens in tax season but I can still complain! Ha We've all been seeing too much of each other and we all can't wait until April 15th! Then I come home, hoping to see my sons smiling face, not so much! I get to the back door to open it, I already hear Kylan screaming about something. I walk in, he's screaming "nana." He sees me and then starts saying "momma, my my nana." I ask Scott why he couldn't have one and it's because he hadn't eaten dinner. He's gotten so used to eating whatever he wanted because he was getting over his stomach bug 2 weeks ago and then a cold last week. We found out he like hot dog weenies so we fixed up some turkey dogs and he ate a whole one, then I gave him his nana! I am thinking he had a tummy ache though because he kept falling asleep at bedtime and then wake up crying. Now today, started off pretty good! I woke up at 5:15 to do the Firm Wave! I saw this on an infomercial and it looked really cool. So I didn't some research online and didn't read one bad thing about it. So I ordered and I am finally able to try it. Ha!!! I couldn't even last 30 minutes! It's supposed to work your hips, buns, and thighs. Most of the stuff they do also concentrates on your core abs and a little bit of arms, back, and shoulders. So it pretty much works your whole body. I am feeling it in my legs so I am sooooo excited. I LOVE being sore! It means that something actually happened. That's the area that really needs to be worked so I look forward to tomorrow! Then, I get to work and start reading my emails. I get an email that said that their was a status about Chunky Monkey Photography saying that a winner has been chosen for a free photo session. Heather (owner of Chunky Monkey) did our photos for Kylan's 1st and our family photos. Well, I was already a follower on her blog so she said whoever becomes a follower for her blog will be entered in the drawing. Well, I won!!!!! I never win things like this so yay for me!! So I am excited about our free session that I am going to try and get in after tax season but before it gets too hot. Not doing it like last year in August where it was, I swear, had to be 100 with 100% humidity! We couldn't stop sweating worth anything! It was awful! Anyway, so today has been a pretty good day! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Alyssa

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

Oh my gosh, SUPER cute pictures!! Glad your feeling better. SOunds like you were seriously icky feeling.