Thursday, November 20, 2008

Season of Giving!

'Tis the season for giving so I have decided to start Kylan on a tradition that I hope he sticks with the rest of his life. When we go and take pictures with Santa on the 3rd, I am going to give Kylan a dollar to put in the Salvation Army bucket when we go in. Of course, next year will be his money since he will know what's going on then. I feel that it will help give him good morals and help him realize as he get older that now matter how bad we have it, there is always someone that has it worse. We are going to start out with this and hopefully as he gets older, donate a little throughout the year. I know I donate to St. Judes every year and it makes me feel so good to donate towards a good cause so hopefully we can find him a little charity that he would be interested in donating to when he gets old enough to choose. I want him to learn how to share and be thankful for what he has. Just a little thought! I will be sure to take pictures to capture his first donation! :-) Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are bringing up Kylan to think of others first. I'm afraid we were not as good about that as we should have been.

Nonnie & PawPaw